Last modification: 29 April 2019
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE CONFIRMS YOUR UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING PRIVACY POLICIES. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE PRIVACY POLICIES, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE AND DO NOT PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION.
At Naturhouse Inc. (“Naturhouse” or “we” or “our”) we respect your privacy concerns. This US Online Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we collect in our centers or on websites, web pages and mobile applications that are specified here (collectively, the “Websites”). This Online Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect on the Websites, how we may use the information, with whom we may share it, and the options available to you regarding our use of the information. This Privacy Notice as well describes the measures we adopt to protect personal information, how long we retain it and how people can contact us in relation to our privacy policies and to exercise their rights.
DISCLAIMER OF RESPONSIBILITIES
It is very important that you read the Disclaimer of Responsibilities we offer you in the following link.
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
Depending on your use of the offered services in our centers or on this Website, you may provide us with personal information through several ways. The types of personal information we collect include the following:
- Contact information (like name, email address, mailing address, zip code, telephone number and personal identification).
- Login data to create an account on the Website (like email address and password).
- Data on your health and physical condition.
- We use Stripe to process payments. In regards to a third party, the data you indicate to complete the payment process will be governed by the privacy policies of this company. We strongly recommend that you consult the privacy policies of this company if you have any questions.
- A history of orders, including information on products or services that are purchased or viewed on this Website.
- Information of social networks, like pseudonyms within social networks, content and other data shared with us through functions offered by third parties, which you use in our Services (like applications, tools, payment services, widgets and add-ons that offer social network services like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube) or published on social networks (like our social network pages or other pages accessible to us).
- Other personal information requested in our centers or on this Website.
- Information we store on the IP address, device, operating system and browser.
You are not obligated to provide this information, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to offer you certain functions and related services.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We will use the information we obtain in our centers or through this Website, as necessary to meet our contractual obligation to provide the products and services you request, deliver the requested products (including, but not limited to, transportation services or related services offered by different providers).
We will also use the information we obtain in our centers or through this Website, if we have a legitimate interest in doing so, including the following functions and activities:
- Establish and manage your account.
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions and send you information about features and improvements.
- Process claims in relation to our products and services, and keep you informed about the status of your order.
- Display personal testimonials from satisfied customers on our Website. We can publish your testimony along with your name always with your consent. If you wish to remove your testimonial from our website, you can contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section.
- The management of our rewards and loyalty programs.
- Identify and authenticate you so you can use the Services.
- Market our products and services, as well as offer promotions, including special offers, coupons and discounts.
- Respond to your requests and inquiries.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including the development of new services, the improvement of our services, the management of our communications, the analysis of our user base and services, the performance of data analysis and market studies, and the carrying out of accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- We may also use the collected information to perform a statistical analysis of user behavior through our products, to analyze and evaluate issues related to nutrition, weight loss, behavior and fitness, or to evaluate and improve our products. We may link some of this information to Personally Identifiable Information only for internal purposes or to assist you in your personal weight loss efforts.
- Protection against fraud and other criminal activities, claims and other responsibilities, as well as their identification and prevention.
- Communicate with you about changes in our policies.
Moreover, we will use your contact information to send you health newsletters, emails, push notifications and in-app notifications about our products, services, sales and special offers only if you agree to receive them and have not requested otherwise (double opt-in).
HOW WE USE YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
To offer you a better experience about the products and services we offer, we may collect information about your health and store it in a computerized database. Although this health information belongs to you, the law allows us to use or disclose your health information for the following purposes:
Processing We use your health information to provide our services and offer you the most suitable products for you. It is possible that our employees and others who participate in the provision of the aforementioned service have access to this information due to the need of the service. In any case only those duly authorized will access your personal health data.
Sale of your health information. We will not sell your health information.
Public Health. Due to the law we may communicate your health information to public health authorities for purposes related to: prevention or control of disease, injury or disability; the reporting of problems with products and reactions to medications to the Food and Drug Administration and the reporting of exposure to diseases or infections.
Health oversight activities. Due to the law we may disclose your health information to health oversight agencies during the implementation of audits, investigations, inspections, licensing and other procedures, subject to the limitations imposed by law.
Judicial and Administrative Procedures. Due to the law we may disclose your health information in the performance of any administrative or judicial proceeding expressly authorized by a court or administrative order. We may also disclose information about you in response to a subpoena or other legal process, if reasonable efforts have been made to notify you of the request and you have not objected to the contrary, or if your objections have been resolved by a court or administrative order.
Compliance with the law. Due to the law we may communicate your health information to a law enforcement official for purposes like identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person, complying with a court order, arrest warrant, subpoena grand jury and other purposes of law enforcement.
Forensics. Due to the law we may disclose your health information to coroners in connection with their investigations
Public Safety. Due to law we may disclose your health information to the appropriate persons to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of a particular person or the general public.
Specialized government functions. Due to the law we may disclose your health information for military or national security purposes or to correctional institutions or law enforcement agents who have it in their legal custody.
Change of ownership. If Naturhouse is transferred or merged with another organization, your health information will become the property of the new owner, although you will retain the right to request that the copies of your health information be transferred to whomever you choose.
Notification of infringement. In case of a violation of health information, we will notify you as required by law. If you have provided us with an email address, we may use it to communicate information related to the aforementioned violation. One of our business partners can provide the notification in some circumstances. We may also carry out the notification by other means as appropriate.
WHEN WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE OR DISCLOSE YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
Except as described in this Notice of Privacy Practices, we will not use or disclose health information that identifies you without your written authorization. If you authorize us to use or disclose your health information for another purpose, you may always revoke your authorization in writing at any time.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING HEALTH INFORMATION
Right to request confidential communications. You have the right to request the your health information in a specific manner or at a specific location. We will comply with all reasonable requests submitted in writing that specify how or where you wish to receive these communications.
Right to consult and receive a copy. You have the right to consult and receive a copy of your health information, with certain exceptions. In order to access your health information, you must submit a written request detailing what information you want to access, if you want to see it or obtain a copy of it, and if you want a copy in the format you prefer. We will provide you with a copy in the requested format if it is easily produced, or we will provide you with an alternative format you consider acceptable. We will also send a written copy to any other person you appoint. We will charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs. We may deny your request under certain circumstances. If we deny your request for access to the records of a minor in your care or to the records of an incapacitated adult whom you represent because we believe that permitting access would reasonably be likely to lead to substantial harm to our client, you will have the right to appeal our decision.
Right to modify. You have the right to request that we fix your health information if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete. You must request so in writing, and include the reasons why you believe the information is inaccurate or incomplete. Under certain circumstances, we are not required to change your health information; in that case we will inform you of the causes. If we deny your request, you may submit a written statement of your disagreement with that decision, and in turn we may prepare a rebuttal in writing. All information related to any amendment request will be maintained and disclosed along with any subsequent disclosure of the disputed information.
Right to a report from those parties with whom we have shared information. You have the right to receive a report of the communications produced from your health information in the six years prior to the date you make the request, with whom we share it and why, except those related to the provision of our services, the payment of these services or those subject to the Law and described in the section “HOW WE USE YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION”.
Right to receive a paper or electronic copy of our Policies. You have the right to be notified of our legal obligations and privacy practices with respect to your health information, including the right to a paper copy of this Notice, even if you have previously requested it by email.
Right to appoint someone to act on your behalf. You have the right to appoint someone to exercise your rights and make decisions about your information. We will make sure that the person has this authority and can act on your behalf before following your instructions.
If you wish to obtain a more detailed explanation of these rights or if you wish to exercise one or more of them, please contact us as indicated in the “How to contact us” section.
AUTOMATED DATA COLLECTION
When you use our Website or open our emails, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as browser cookies, device identifiers, server logs and other technologies. The information we obtain in this manner may include the IP address of your device, the domain name, the identifiers associated with your devices, the type and characteristics of the device and the operating system, the characteristics of the web browser, the language preferences, the data of the flow of clicks, your interactions with our Website (such as the web pages you visit, the links you click on and the features you use), the pages that have driven you or sent you to our Website, the dates and times of access to our Website and other information about your use of our services. We can also receive the geolocation of your device and other information related to your location through GPS, Bluetooth and WiFi signals.
PROCESSING OF COOKIES
This website uses its own and third-party cookies to improve your browsing experience, depending on the configuration of your browser. Cookies are automatic procedures for gathering information related to the preferences determined by a user during his/her visit to a certain webpage. This information is recorded in small files stored in the computer equipment of the user, never in the computer equipment of Naturhouse Inc. Each time the user returns to access the website in question, these files are automatically activated so that the website is configured with the preferences indicated in previous visits. Cookies cannot read Cookie files created by other providers.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
ACCORDING TO THE TIME PERIOD THE COOKIES REMAIN ACTIVE, THEY CAN BE:
- Session Cookies: designed to gather and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information only to maintain the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased).
- Persistent Cookies: A type of cookies for which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a defined period. These Cookies have a deletion date. They are used, for example, in the purchase or registration process to avoid having to constantly enter our data.
ACCORDING TO THE ENTITY MANAGED BY THE TEAM OR DOMAIN FROM WHERE THE COOKIES ARE SENT AND PROCESSING THE OBTAINED DATA, WE CAN DISTINGUISH THE FOLLOWING:
- Our own Cookies: These are cookies sent to the user’s device and managed exclusively by us for the best functioning of the site.
- Third-party Cookies These are cookies sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain not managed by us but by another entity, which will process the obtained data.
THE FOLLOWING COOKIES CAN BE INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE WHEN NAVIGATING OUR WEB PAGE:
- Registration Cookies: When the user enters our website and logs in, a personal and temporary cookie is installed so that he/she can navigate through his/her user area without having to enter his/her data continuously. This cookie will disappear when he/her logs out.
- Analysis Cookies: They serve to anonymously study the behavior of users while browsing our website. Like we can know the most viewed contents, the number of visitors, etc. This is information we will use to improve the browsing experience and optimize our services. It can be our own cookies or from third parties. These include Google Analytics cookies.
UPDATE OF COOKIES
The cookies on this website can be updated, so we recommend that you review our cookies policy on a regular basis.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES ACCORDING TO THE BROWSER YOU USE
Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge
We may also disclose information about you in the following cases:
- If required by law or legal process (such as an order or subpoena).
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities.
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or suitable to prevent physical or other damages or financial losses.
- In relation to an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- In the event that we sell or transfer all or part of our business or assets (even in the case of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
- Otherwise with your consent
YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
We offer you several options regarding the exercise of your rights over the personal or health information we obtain about you. You can object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes and unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails or by contacting us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section.
You can do the following to the extent permitted by applicable law:
- Request access to personal information that we keep about you.
- Request that we update, correct, change or delete your information.
- Request the restriction of our use of your personal information, by contacting us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Subject to certain limits of California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with the following:
- A list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding year.
- The identity of those third parties.
California residents can contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section in order to carry out this request.
OTHER ONLINE SERVICES AND THIRD PARTY FEATURES
The products and services we offer can provide links to other online services, which may include third-party features like applications, tools, widgets and plug-ins (for example, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube). These services, websites and third-party features may work independently from us. The privacy policies of these third parties, including details about the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these third parties, which we strongly recommend that you review. Naturhouse Inc. is not responsible for the information practices of these third parties to the extent that the linked online services or features of third parties are not owned or controlled by us.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our relationship to the extent required by applicable law, in addition to a reasonable period to comply with the applicable statute of limitations or if required by applicable law for each data category.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain organizational, technical and physical protections designed to protect the personal information we obtain through the services we offer, against destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or accidental, illegal or unauthorized use.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MINORS
NOTE FOR USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
The law requires us to comply with the terms of this Notice currently in effect. After an update occurs, the Notice will apply to all protected health information we keep, regardless of when it was created or received. We will keep a copy of the current notice you can request in writing as described in the “How to Contact Us” section.
COMPLAINTS OR CLAIMS
Complaints or claims about this Notice or about how we process your health information should be addressed in writing as described in the “How to Contact Us” section.
If you are not satisfied with how we resolve your complaint or claim, you can file a formal complaint with: OCRMail@hhs.gov
The complaint form can be found at www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/hipcomplaint.pdf.
In no case will you be penalized for filing a complaint.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can direct written communications to the following address in order to exercise your rights:
11401 NW 12th St, E-294, Miami, FL 33172
You can also direct your communications through the following channels:
- In person at our offices.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data requests you send us may require you to provide additional documentation confirming your identity.